Please do not park on campus without a parking permit. Parking without a permit is a behavior violation and can result in application denial next school year and other school consequences. Your car may be booted or towed.
On-Campus Parking: Spaces will be available first to seniors and then to juniors based on availability. Students who apply for parking during the summer and have met the criteria established by the Oldham County Board of Education and Oldham County High School are eligible. A limited number of parking spaces will be reserved for emergencies and co-op students. Due to the limited number of spaces, once all the parking passes are sold, a waitlist will be created. Parking passes will be given to students on the waitlist if spots become available. If a senior gets added to the waitlist, they will move above the underclassman on the waitlist when a pass becomes available.
Students who park on campus will be responsible for complying with the regulations outlined in Oldham County High School’s Student Vehicle Registration Form. Failure to do so could result in the suspension of parking privileges.
With the privilege of driving on campus comes the equal responsibility of abiding by the school’s procedures and regulations regarding vehicle use on school property. By completing the driving form, both the parent/guardian and the student agree to abide by the listed state, district, and school regulations, and understand that violation of any of the regulations will lead to a suspension of driving privileges, immobilization of the vehicle, towing of the vehicle at the owner’s expense, or permanent revocation of all driving privileges. Any questions about parking permit regulations can be directed to Mr. Greg Lawson, Assistant Principal. Please read the regulations carefully and complete the on-line application. Upon acceptance of Parking Privileges, both student and parent/guardian must sign a physical acknowledgement of parking regulations. The $25 permit fee will be required for the permit to be issued. This permit is to be displayed on your rear view mirror. Failure to properly display this permit may lead to towing at the owner’s expense, immobilization of the vehicle along with a fine, and/or revocation of parking privileges.
1. Students must have a valid driver’s license (Full or Restricted), not a permit, at time of registration/application. Spaces will not be held for students who do not qualify or have a license yet.
2. OCBE Policy 9017 pertains to the loss of campus parking privileges due to citations for moving violations. Any motor vehicle violation will result in suspension of parking for 6 months or reduced to 3 months if the court diversion program is completed through the County/Attorney. A second violation in their school tenure will result in permanent suspension.
3. Students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a senior or junior (Seniors get first priority).
- Must be on grade level.
- Must have passed at least (5 of 7, 4 of 6, or 3 or 5) classes per semester as required by the No Pass/No Drive Kentucky State Law. Grade expectations will remain once a student turns 18.
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 2.25.
- Must have no more than 8 unexcused absences at the end of the previous semester to keep privileges for next semester. School attendance is “frozen” at the end of the school year. Parent notes, doctor’s notes, etc. will not be accepted after the last day of school in order to correct unexcused absences that restrict students from campus parking.
- Any student referred to the OCBE for truancy may not be eligible for parking privileges.
- No serious disciplinary infractions or violations of school rules. (Examples include, but not limited to: drugs/alcohol/tobacco/vaping, weapons, cutting class, leaving campus without permission, fighting, bullying, harassment, disrespectful behavior towards staff or students, classroom work refusal, failure to complete detention, outstanding fees and obligations, repeated parking violations of parking on campus without authorization prior to being granted the privilege to park), no outstanding obligations (detentions, textbook fees, library fees, etc.).
- No more than 1 parking violation the previous school year.
- Have no outstanding obligations to the school (fees, chromebooks/chargers, etc).
- Must have demonstrated “good faith effort” on all state assessments and all other standardized tests.
4. To ensure the safety of every student at OCHS, the following regulations are in effect:
- Students will obey all traffic laws.
- Students will observe a 15 mph maximum speed while on campus. Colonel Drive speed limit is 15 mph also.
- Students will drive in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Students will follow all staff directions on school grounds.
- Students must have a valid parking permit to park on campus (violation could result in the loss of parking privileges the following school year).
- Students will be assigned a specific parking space. Do not park in any other parking space (example: staff or visitor parking, athletic fields, or BAHS)
- Upon arriving at school, each student will park in the assigned area/spot, lock their vehicle, and enter the school building. Valuables should not be left in a vehicle, and students/parents understand that OCHS assumes no responsibility for the vehicle or its contents.
- Parking lots are off limits (9:00-4:00) during the school day. Any student needing to go to a car must be escorted by an administrator.
- Student tags MUST BE CLEARLY DISPLAYED AT ALL TIMES or vehicles may be SUBJECT TO TOWING or VEHICLE BOOT (at the owner’s expense). Towing fees are at the discretion of the towing company.
- Parking tags are non-transferable. No student can lend or sell their parking tag for any reason. Violation of this policy could result in permanent loss of parking privileges for both students.
- When leaving school property, the student will yield to all pedestrians and school buses. Students will exit the campus in an orderly fashion and will not pass cars in the line attempting to leave.
- If a student loses his/her parking privileges for violation of state/district/school regulations he/she agrees not to park on campus until those privileges have been reinstated.
- Students' cars can be subject to random searches by the administration.
5. All of the above regulations must be met and maintained to secure and hold a parking permit at Oldham County High School.
- Failure to comply with these regulations may lead to detention, warning stickers, vehicle boot, towing at the owner’s expense, revocation of parking privileges, or other school based consequences determined by administrative staff.
- Parking fee is non-refundable if parking is revoked.
6. Students and Parent(s) acknowledge that they are familiar with OCHS and OCBE policies relating to automobiles as outlined in the OCHS student/parent handbook.
7. Students who fail to meet eligibility requirements may reapply for parking privileges after the end of the next semester if they reach eligibility.
8. Parking will be assigned by school administration.
- You must have a valid driver’s license (Restricted or Full) to apply for parking at OCHS. For example, if you will not have your "restricted" until July, you must wait to apply.
- Make sure you read all the criteria, rules and regulations before you apply. The OCHS SBDM Council just made some changes to the requirements. Please do not apply if you do not meet all criteria.
- Complete the online application by clicking the link below.
- Students must apply while on a browser logged in on their school Google account. Anyone else will get a "You do not have permission" message. .
- A signed hard copy of this parking contract (click here) is due when student picks up their permit. Please do not email the form. This is in addition to the online application requirement.
For Summer Applicants:
- Students will pay the $25.00 parking fee when they pick up their permit.
- We will email and post the pickup dates once they are finalized to approved applicants. It will be late July or early August.
- Students are required to show their license when they pick up their permit.
- Students will be required to turn in a hard-copy student and parent acknowledgment signature form. These will be emailed when pick up instructions are sent out.
- Parents or other family members can pay and pick up parking permits if you have an image or copy of students license and the signed acknowledgement form.
- Students will pay the $25.00 parking fee when they pick up their permit.
Email Mr. Lawson: Gregory.Lawson@oldham.kyschools.us with any parking questions.